Saturday, November 29, 2008

Now Bo can open doors!


My last entry was that Bo could walk - in just a few days he's now figured out how to open doors. He is growing up way too fast!

We had a great Thanksgiving. Last Sunday we went to Terrell and had lunch at Mom's - it was a nice afternoon, but very sad without Mimi there. This was the first big holiday without her. She always made the dressing every year and it was never cooked all the way through, so I actually felt a little guilty eating my mom's dressing and enjoying it...I've thought about Mimi a lot lately. There's a picture of her in the kitchen and it sits low on a table, so Bo can get to it. He always picks her picture up - he'll go around a dozen other ones to get to hers. I don't know what it means, but I feel like he's telling me that she's watching over him. She loved little boys so much!

Thursday we went to Durant and had another great meal. Darla decided to stay at Nanaw's for the rest of the weekend, so Bo and I headed home. Renay was nice enough to come over and babysit so I could go see Twilight...it was a great movie! I miss Darla and Brent, but Bo and I have had some good mother/son time the last few days. I talked to Darla today and we played "guess which room I'm in" on the phone. I would go in her room and make Butterscotch make noise or turn the sink on in the kitchen to give her clues. Brent talked to her earlier today and supposedly she's kept Nanaw hostage at the house and won't let Nanaw put clothes on...Darla wants them both to stay in their PJ's all day!!!

No comments: