Saturday, January 10, 2009

Catching Up




My last entry was over a month ago and the whole reason I started this blog was to keep track of the little things going on in our lives on a weekly basis. Well, I guess I'll try and be better in 2009. I've watched Oprah's "bestlife" series this week, so maybe I'll be inspired to keep the blog up date.

Let's see...I have a lot of catching up to do. Brent & I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on December 19th. He planned a very nice surprise weekend for us...we stayed at the Stoneleigh Hotel in downtown. On Friday night, we went to Chamberlain's for dinner - that's where he proposed. We hadn't been back to that restaurant since then, so it was really, really special. On Saturday, we both had a massage and then Sat nite we had my CBS Christmas party. Hard to believe we've been married for a decade. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess! Ha!
Christmas was wonderful - with the way the economy's been, Brent & I decided to buy for the kids only this year. I have to admit, it sounded easy at first, got a little harder as Dec 25th got closer to think about not getting "stuff", but on Christmas Day, I honestly didn't even miss the gifts. I thought about last year when we pretty much missed Christmas while Bo was in the hospital being treated for RSV. In 2007, we checked out of the hospital Christmas morning. This year, my whole family was home & healthy. Now that's something you can't buy at Super Target, right?
We went to see Santa at Collin Creek Mall. We met Cortney, Jesse, Reese, Amy, Anna, and Mia this year. Bo wasn't too crazy about Santa. Looking at Santa, I can't say I blame him. We may have to find a different one next year - this Santa looks like he might be smoking a couple of packs of cigarettes a day! Darla took her Toys R Us catalog and showed Santa exactly what she wanted. There was no one big toy this year, she wanted lots of little things. Jump rope, scooter, Nintendo DS games, Littlest pet shops to play with online. Bo's list was pretty small...a few toys, clothes and a new high chair. Brent spent some time at the "deer camp" as he calls it, but other than that, we were home most of the month.

I have to brag about Darla Punkin...they tested her for the PACE program (gifted/talented/honors) at school and she's been accepted into the program. Not sure what that means exactly when you're in Kindergarten, but we'll soon find out.

She lost her first tooth on Dec 20th! She was at Memaw's eating a grilled cheese and as Darla tells it "I bit on something hard and thought it was a seed. When I pulled it out, it was my tooth!" For those of you that don't know, I guess grilled cheese sandwiches have seeds?!?!? The tooth fairy actually came to see her at Granddad and Nana's and it appears the going rate on your first tooth is $6.

Bo is walking EVERYWHERE and babbles a lot. He says "Dar-duh", bah-bah (bottle), bah-bah (Barney), Mama, Dada; and sometimes we get "Papaw" or "cookie". This child never slows down when he's awake. If you take your eyes away from him for one second, he's on the stairs, crawling out the dog door, or doing something he shouldn't be. He's getting lots of teeth and his hair's growing in more. It's starting to hang over his ears a little, so it may be time for a first haircut soon.

New Year's Eve was uneventful...Darla went to Memaw's where they sang karaoke and played the Wii. Brent, Bo and I stayed home. Bo was in bed by 7:30p; Brent & I watched "The Dark Knight" on pay-per-view and were in bed by 12:10a. At least we made it to midnight!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

No comments: