Monday, October 5, 2009

A Lot to Catch Up on

I am feeling a little like the worst mom ever tonight. Maybe it's because I'm working Mon-Wed this week so I'm off my normal schedule, but Bo's 2nd birhtday is in a couple of weeks and I don't have anything planned. No invitations, no party details, nothing. And it's Oct 5th and we still don't have Halloween costumes...I know that sounds like I have time, but every year we have our costumes by now.

And then I looked to see I haven't written an entry in over a month! Where does the time go? Darla lost one of her front teeth a few weeks ago. She went to Nanaw's for the weekend and I got a picture on my phone with the tooth missing. It wasn't even that loose so I was SHOCKED to see it gone! Nanaw said Bo kept trying to pull one of his teeth out so he could look like his sister. He will do ANYTHING she is doing. Luckily, she's always setting a great example so that can be a very good thing.

Darla was chosen as Star Student of her class last week. We made a poster about her and then she got to take her favorite book and toy to class. The kids all made her a book on the last day and I have to tell you, it's the funniest thing that she's ever brought home! To see what the kids wrote about her is just too much. For example "Darla, Galushins (congratulations) on being Star Student" or "I hope you aren't sick. I hope you don't have a fever. I hope you don't get sick?!?!?" I will keep it forever!

Bo has grown up so much in the last month. He can say ANYTHING now and repeats everything we say. It's so funny to see him use words/sentences the correct way. Like last night Darla took off running to the playroom and said "Bo, come on." And he took off after and said "OK, I'm coming". He also got a haircut this month and likes to pat his head and say "Haircut". He can tell you that Nanny & Papaw live in "Homak" (Oklahoma) and I love to hear him say the names of the kids in his class "Caro-wine, Brody, Camin (Camryn), Heidi, Miss Doora (Miss Vera)".

We also got rid of the bottle last weekend. I know it should have happened months ago but it didn't. Oh well. Bo has really been good about it. Last weekend on Sunday night he asked for juice at bedtime so I gave it to him and we haven't looked back. I hid all the bottles and when he asked for one I just said "we don't have any" and I know he didn't really believe me but he went along with it. He loves cranapple juice right now which is very confusing becuase he'll say [very clearly] "apple juice" but he wants cranapple, not apple so it can be quite a battle if you don't know what he wants. Even at the grocery store while your checking out, he'll see the juice and then say "apple juice" about 50 times.

I forgot just how much fun this age is where they do something new every single day and you actually SEE your kids learning/growing right in front of your eyes.

No comments: