Tuesday, September 23, 2008

11 months old tomorrow





It's such a cliche, but it's so true. Where does the time go? We went to Mia & Anna's birthday parties this weekend and it seems like yesterday Amy & I were both pregnant. I realized that Bo's birthday is almost here, so I decided I better start working on his party invitations. His favorite word right now is "uh-oh" and he's finally starting to walk a little if you hold his hands. He is getting better at giving kisses, but I think Brent & I probably ask for them a little too much! They are so sweet.

Darla & I went to the barn to ride Sunday while Bo played with Presley at the house. I see Darla on Barbie and I'm so proud of her. She's really doing a great job learning to ride. I have always loved my horses, but it hit me Sunday that I have never loved Barbie more than when I see her with Darla. I never understood why my Mom & Dad loved Buck & Keykeeper so much when they were MY horses. Now I get it - they loved them for taking care of ME... funny how things become clearer when we are parents.

2 comments:

Andy Boyd said...

That is so true about the horses...and you see the horses for what they truly are...very special, regal animals, that understand the situation and the responsibility handed to them...There is no other animal quite like a horse...

memaw4 said...

yes, the only horse I ever got nervous about julianne riding was Hot Rod. He migh run up the fence, you just never knew. I guess every little kid needs an "Old Red". He was known as the babysitter and he was with us until he died at 35 yrs. The time spent with the kids and horses were some of the greatest memories I have. Now I am looking forward to time with grandkids and maybe a horse moment or two. We'll see...