Tuesday, August 4, 2009







I am sure there are kids all over the world that had very exciting summer vacations and have seen things they will never forget. Maybe it was the Grand Canyon, the ocean floor or maybe even a solar eclipse. Things that don't happen every day and sometimes you might wait 2 decades to see. My kids also had this type of sighting this summer. And seriously, in my 34 years of life, I cannot recall a single time seeing this so I'd say my kids are extremely lucky. What is the great mystery? That would be GRANDDAD IN THE SWIMMING POOL!!!!!!!!!! I do not have pictures to prove it, so to all the disbelievers out there you'll just have to believe me. Nana & Brent can vouch for me. In fact, if it wasn't for Nana, he wouldn't have gotten in but she got him with a water gun and then he came in after her. It was pretty funny.

The kids have had so much fun swimming this summer. Bo is finally getting the hang of his floaties, but unfortunately for him, Walgreens only had a pair of pink ones left. But he doesn't mind. He even went off the diving board yesterday - my arms were so tired lowering him into the water and then pulling him back out again. Since he wants to take every step Darla does, he knows no fear in the water! He loves "Dahwa" so much.

She spent the night at Granddad & Nana's Sunday night and Bo walked around the house several times looking for her. And when she got home Monday, he was sooo excited! He ran up to her and gave her a big hug.

A few of Bo's funny words: "Ah-bee" is Barney; "God" is dog; "Eat-up" for ketchup and "yee yoes" are Fruit Loops!

No comments: