Sunday, August 23, 2009

Meet the Teacher

We met Darla's 1st grade teacher, Ms. Garner, on Friday night. I'd heard great things about her like she is the 1st grade coordinator and she got Teacher of the Year last year. I couldn't have been more excited when I met her. She seems like the most perfect 1st grade teacher EVER. I just wanted to sit down at a desk and be her student. Darla really seemed to like her too. And she's excited about some of the friends in her class so I think it's going to be a good year.

Brent told me a funny Darla story. This morning they went to McDonalds to get us breakfast. On the way back, they drove by the house across Murphy Rd that has all the baby horses. Brent said he asked Darla if she wanted one. Darla's mind started turning and she said they should find out if they have a daughter and if they did, then she would trade 2 of her baby dolls that she doesn't play with anymore for one of those little colts. She was NOT willing to let go of her Webkinz though!

No comments: