Tuesday, August 11, 2009


I can't believe the summer is almost over. Today was our final "Swim Club" at Coco's house. We look forward to it every single Tuesday and I'm so sad that it's over. I have to say I love Swim Club so much because I get to spend a few hours each week with everyone and their kids. It's such a great time to see the kids' personalities and I always learn so much. Like today, Peyton told Amber & I that she no longer lives in Texas. I asked if she lives in Oklahoma or Louisiana and she said "no, we live in Muh-Kinney".


It's also so much fun to see the kids growing up right in front of us. Anna started off the summer very timid and by week 3 she was swimming all over the place and jumping off into the deep end. Mia and Bo defintely grew as swimmers this year - as of today, they both were pretty independent in their Swimmies. Mia didn't really like sharing her little jump ledge & towel with Bo, but she was a good sport! And then, poor Amy (but Amy it was all your fault), I think today every single girl (sorry Bo) mastered the cheer stunt. Jesse did one of the best toe touches EVER off the wall today, and Reese managed to keep her swim suit on most of the summer. Darla stayed in character most of the time (kitten, dolphin, unicorn, you name it) but was always my extra pair of eyes to keep a close watch on her little brother.


I just hope that when all the kids are teenagers they'll still hang out with us at Swim Club...

No comments: