Monday, August 18, 2008

Parent Meeting

Tonight was the Parent's meeting for all the new Kindergarteners at Hunt Elementary. I have to say, I feel like I am having an out of body experience when I sit at a "parent" school meeting. I just can't believe this is happening. I am so excited for Darla to begin her school years. She is going to have so much fun and make so many new friends. I just dread being tied to the school calendar for the next 15 years or so. I really don't know how the teachers can stand dealing with the parents. They had so many stupid question. And then the over achieving mom was there getting volunteers so I went up to introduce myself and sign the volunteer sheet when she asked me "Are you going to be a room mom?". I just froze. In my head I'm thinking, "uh, no. I would rather have all my teeth pulled out at once" but of course I said "Sure." LUCKILY, Ms. Muto's class already has a room mom signed up, so I was off the hook and even faked a small look of disappointment. I think I'm going to get out easy with a couple of days of lunch duty and "Super Centers" [I have no idea what Super Centers are but she assured me they are fun and easy]. Sneak-A-Peek is Friday night so that should be fun.
We started back up at gymnastics today. We've been watching the Olympics and Darla was stretching the other night while watching saying she wanted to be in the Olympics someday. Bo's top 2 teeth are officially coming in.

No comments: