Monday, August 4, 2008

Swim Club






Last night Jesse spent the night. The girls had so much fun. They spent an hour in Darla's bathroom putting on eyeshadow, lipgloss, body glitter & who knows what else! They also built tents in the playroom and watched "Bridge to Terabithia". They both were a little scared at the part with the monsters so they wanted me to come in and lay with them, but then they said it didn't bother them at all.
This morning we got up and went to Cortney's to swim. Bo was so tired. He wouldn't take a nap so I took him in the pool anyway. Gina was holding him and he got so sleepy that he just put his head on her shoulder (in the pool) and fell asleep! It was so sweet. Cortney put a big float on the table in the shade and I laid him on it to take a little nap. It was the cutest thing ever. Bo is very much outnumbered with all these girls unless Jot's around.
Darla started doing the funniest thing this weekend. She wiggles her eyebrows up & down because she says it makes Bo laugh (which it does every single time). But she makes the funniest face while she's doing it that I can't stop laughing.
As I'm writing this, Darla & Brent just came in wearing crowns. He is "Burger King" and she is Princess Darla. I have a crown too, so I guess I am Mommy the Queen. Now Darla is reading the Littlest Pet Shop "Rapunzel" book to me. She can pretty much read every single word and it's a Level 2 book. I don't know how she got to be so smart. Every single day I am amazed at that child's intelligence, her compassion, everything. She is really a one of a kind human being, and I'm not just saying that because I'm her Mom.

No comments: